If you've been following the recent trends in the software industry, you may have noticed that container adoption has continued to revolutionize the entire industry. Do you want to work on this cutting-edge technology and take it to the next level? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and learn how containers are created and managed at the platform level? If this sounds like an interesting challenge, you might be a great fit in the Windows Container Team.
We are part of the Windows Kernel team within the Azure organization and we deliver core technology powering Windows and Hyper-V based containers for various scenarios ranging from Azure Cloud to DevOps to desktop/mobile experiences. These technologies form the basis for Store-delivered Win32 applications, Windows Server Containers, Windows Defender Application Guard, Windows Sandbox, and Win32 application support for Windows 10X on dual-screen devices like Surface Neo. We participate with open source initiatives such as Kubernetes, and we're also involved in "lift & shift" scenarios with customers looking to move legacy on-premise server workloads to the cloud so they can take advantage of high-density cloud virtualization and improved security/isolation.
In this role, you will be responsible for innovating new ways to bring container technology to new platforms and architectures. You'll be an integral part of a small and highly technical team, working on critical and strategic projects. This is a highly visible and impactful role with a clear link to the success of Microsoft as a company.
We are looking for an engineer who loves to learn, collaborate and solve interesting challenges . Our organization is looking for someone who:
- Has strong design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Enjoys new technical challenges and excels at solving them
- Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration and deployment process
- Demonstrates effective communication and cross-team collaboration skills
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience in C/C++
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with virtualization or other sandboxing technologies
- Experience with operating systems internals and concepts
- Experience with performance tools and analysis methodology is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.