Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $7.9B in revenue for fiscal 2018, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 130 manufacturing facilities worldwide and employs over 24,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Remove and mount proper tooling, observe machines in operations and make adjustments to control the rate and quality of production.
Essential Jobs and Responsibilities
- Accountable for personal adherence to all applicable Safety, GMP, Food Safety, and Plant Policies
- Process complicated molding problems.
- Identify tooling problems and work with mold shop / scheduling to get resolved.
- Trouble shooting electrical problems in molds and fixing them.
- Identifying color and material problems.
- Set up and qualify new molds / equipment with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with scheduling to put molds in the correct size machines.
- Troubleshoot / repair all robots.
- Change color and materials from feeders.
- Set up feeders and blenders for production.
- Clean dust filters, material hoppers and magnets.
- Complete mold set-ups for production with set-up sheets, in a team environment.
- Hook up and drain water from molds in a safe and clean manner.
- Install controller cables to mold and set up controller mainframe from set-up sheet.
- Startup machines without damaging mold or machine.
- Set up secondary equipment safely.
- Read and identify all controller errors and fix minor problems
- Process and identify small molding issues, shorts, flash, burns, air streaks, etc.
- Identify minor tooling and machine problems.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems in hot runner molds.
- Start up all robots.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Contribution to Safety, Quality and GMP
- Maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace by ensuring adherence to safety standards.
- Conduct required safety reviews of equipment and processes prior to project start-up.
- Support the accomplishment of your work group through the quality, timeliness and professionalism of your attitude.
- Supply accurate and timely data as required by performance tracking and reporting.
- Apply resources in a manner which maximizes their effectiveness while assuring quality.
- Maintain a work environment which will contribute to the assurance of safety and GMP compliance.
- Adhere to established procedures, perform self-checking and pay attention to detail in the performance of you and your team's work.
- Notify management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance.
- Report observed quality problems and deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations to management for improving the quality and efficiency of your work.
- Must read, write, and speak English
- Work with team and create a safe and friendly work environment.
- Ability to read and perform basic math calculations easily.
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to read and adjust all controllers.
- Knowledge of different materials and which products they are used on.
- Able to follow direction.
- Knowledge of plant and departments.
- Knowledge of properly and completely filling out all paperwork on molds.
- Understand schedule, work orders and set-up sheets
- Working knowledge of mechanics tools and safe working procedures
- Working knowledge of mold cooling system and water line hook-up order.
- Complete Paulson training.
- Able to obtain fork-lift certification.
- Able to concentrate, be detailed-oriented and maintain a high level of quality in a busy work environment.
Education and Experience
- GED or High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years as a Process Technician or equivalent experience.
- Systematic Injection Molding experience preferred.
Manufacturing environment: Food Safety and GMP.
Regularly required to walk, lift and carry materials <35 pounds (not repetitive) through plant in order to function in the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.