Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
You will be working on IoT Hub, Azure IoT's flagship service responsible for high telemetry throughput, device management, and bi-directional communications between IoT devices and the cloud. Partner closely with the Azure data analytics, machine learning, and data visualization teams to empower businesses to harness the petabytes of data their respective devices will generate each year. Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve more.
Successful candidates should have a proven track record of strong technical design, ability to independently drive cross-group engagements, and familiarity with the tools and processes of cloud and device developers building hyperscale and highly reliable solutions.
- Set the vision, priorities, and product strategies for the Azure IoT Hub service
- Work closely with partner and customers to understand their requirements and translating them into high quality specs
- Inspire and drive engineering and operational excellence across the organization
- Partner with the marketing and business teams to identify target customers, value propositions, customer promises, and go-to-market strategies
- Author the product documentation, samples/demos, and customer/field readiness material
- Present and promote your area of expertise at trade shows, customer events, hackathons, and internal trainings
- 10+ years of experience in program management or product management
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of developer-facing tools and services
- Ability to define customer-focused scenarios, author detailed functional specifications and work with partner teams to ensure that scenarios are delivered end-to-end
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and across disciplines as a contributor or leader
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, similar engineering discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience shipping a developer-oriented cloud service
- Experience working with middleware products in the messaging/integration or API management space
- Familiarity working with layer 5 protocols, ideally not only HTTP, e.g. MQTT, AMQP, XMPP, CoAP.
- Experience creating quality customer-facing product documentation, tutorials, and usage examples
- Developer/coding experience
- Background in data engineering, data science, and/or modern big data technologies
- Proven experience in defining the roadmap, strategy, and go-to-market plans for a major enterprise-targeted product
- Working knowledge of performing market analysis, competitive tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.