SUMMARY: Berry Global
(NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what's important!PURPOSE:
Position exists to provide support on the production shifts. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packages and labels finished product according to customer/in-house requirements and packaging standards.
- Responsible for making sure packaged products are accurately reflected on the packaging labels.
- Effectively transports packaged materials to storage areas.
- Transports and conveys raw materials from the storage area to the elevator, sending it to the hopper; using a forklift in an accurate and efficient manner
- Maintains resin/additive levels in blenders and hoppers. Performs hopper/blender changeovers upon notification from production set-up.
- Effectively handles and documents loose roll scrap for disposition as directed by the production supervisor.
- Set-up and operation of production utility machinery per specifications.
- Adhere to Berry Plastics Safety Absolutes and all safety policies and report all maintenance and safety issues immediately
- Participate in continuous improvement of operation.
- Continuously pursue the establishment and reinforcement of a high performance work team environment
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and clean area as needed.
- Must work effectively with co-workers as a team member and support safe, quality production
- Performs and assists in other tasks as directed by supervision/management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting ID: 552786804Posted: 2020-05-21