In Microsoft Mixed Reality, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. We are looking for a creative Visual Designer to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project.
- You will solve complex visual problems and turn them into innovative, clean clear prioritized designs.
- You will work closely with the Design Director, Art Director and experience design team to define and drive the visual language and style for the overall products and user experiences.
- You will take visual concepts and transform them into beautiful functional in-engine UI.
- You will communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods-from sketches to fully rendered motion pieces.
- You will partner with industry-leading Engineers, Designers, Artists and Producers
- You will work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors and software
- You will incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products
- 5+ years' experience in entertainment media and design with an emphasis on graphic design, motion-graphics, and user interface visualization
- Expertise creating a variety of visual design documents including mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, motion studies, and visual style guidelines.
- Comfort and success working "in the build" and have shipped products in the latest content creation and real-time 3D game engines.
- Strong cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Great communication, written and verbal
Experience with the following:
- Augmented or Virtual Reality
- Unity, Unreal or related game engines
- Working with the US Military or other government contracts
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.