Microsoft is a leader in design of world-class devices. Come join the dynamic Microsoft Silicon team. The team that is responsible for XBOX silicon and Hololens HPU continues to grow the architecture team to change the world again.
We are looking for a world-class Software Performance Architect to join our team in Silicon Valley or Redmond. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who will thrive in this highly technical environment.
As a member of the Microsoft's silicon performance team, you will collaborate with experienced architects to directly impact future products through:
- Develop software tools for performance modeling of existing and future chips
- Software development of performance modeling frameworks and visualization
- Workload optimization
- Performance verification and model correlation
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS/MS in Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years experience with C/C++
- Experience developing and using cycle-accurate microarchitectural models
- Familiarity with computer architecture fundamentals
- Strong unit/integration testing skills
- Background in debugging and optimizing software
- Strong familiarity with software best practices, OO programming and data structures
- Defining and evaluating software and firmware optimizations
- Experience collaborating across diverse technical teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 552786845Posted: 2020-05-21