Principal Program Manager - Gaming for Everyone
Our aspirations are clear: we want to make Xbox a place where everyone
has fun. We want to positively impact the world of entertainment, improve people's lives through play, and develop new and inclusive experiences that revolutionize the gaming industry. Gaming for Everyone (G4E) is our inclusive growth strategy to meaningfully reach the 2B gamers on the planet, as we believe gaming truly is for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Program Manager to deepen our product impact across Engineering teams and delivering inclusive growth. In this role, you will lead cross-organizational teams to execute on key strategic G4E Priorities for the business. In partnership with the Head of Gaming for Everyone and Gaming Leadership Team, you will be directly responsible for inspiring and unlocking the creativity of a distributed team, to ensure that we are delivering world-class, inclusive gaming experiences to Xbox customers around the world. You should have a consistent track record of customer obsession and insights, delivering great user experiences, and strong cross group collaboration across a diverse set of partners. Responsibilities
- Play a core role in defining, organizing and driving projects that bring product-led inclusion to life
- Partner with, inspire and unlock the creativity of cross-discipline and cross-organizational teams
- Be customer obsessed in everything you do while also delivering on our key business objectives, with a special awareness of "non-traditional" customers
- Collaborate with the Head of Gaming for Everyone and the Gaming Leadership Team to deliver inclusive gaming experiences, both horizontally across Gaming and vertically within each of their teams.
- Present and communicate inclusive growth strategy and roadmaps at all levels from senior leadership to individual feature teams
- Foster a diverse and inclusive environment, where people can do their best work, all voices are heard, and all employees feel valued and safe
- 7+ years of proven engineering Program Management or Product Development, driving efforts across multiple disciplines and teams.
- Self-starter who not only deals well with but thrives in ambiguity and has ability to successfully execute across a complex, highly-matrix environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to adapt and tailor communications for different audiences.
- Strategic thinker who can identify inclusive business opportunities across multiple business groups, independently drive alignment, and execute action plans that bring focus and synergy.
- Demonstrated experience using metrics to drive product feature decisions.
- Strong attention to details and analytical problem-solving capabilities with a strong track record of solving complex problems in collaboration with others.
- Deep empathy, emotional maturity and interpersonal skills with an ability to help others explore difficult topics in a safe way.
- As a member of the Gaming for Everyone team, candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience living outside of the United States for an extended period of time
- Deep passion for consumer products, gaming or the entertainment business
- Experience with change management and/or driving culture change a plus!
On the Gaming for Everyone team, one of our core philosophies is that real innovation comes from a diverse and inclusive culture based on mutual respect, collaboration, and fun. Perhaps you can help us?
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.