If you enjoy innovating and solving challenging problems in cloud infrastructure and distributed systems using machine learning
this is the job for you.
We are looking for a software engineer to help us build the next generation of Azure compute infrastructure that powers Microsoft first party and third-party customers. This is a rare opportunity to define and drive the next frontier of compute infrastructure that can meet the ever-growing compute demands and optimize utilization of the hardware through high performance, higher scale features running on large quantity of hardware. We also work very closely with an applied research team, so we are able to stay abreast of the latest cutting-edge research, as well as participate in research publications. If you are interested in pushing the envelope on the cloud-scale distributed system technology, optimization, allocation and building rock-solid platform based on them with highest availability, low latency -- we would love to hear from you!
This software engineer position involves working with developers, researchers and data scientists in a start-up-like environment. A successful candidate for this role will need to look at the end to end architecture and drive big innovations to help improve the experience for our customers working closely with other team members and multiple organizations in Azure. Some of the basic responsibilities include:
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
- Ensure that services and components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored, and reusable
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered
- 5+ experience with C#/Java/C/C++/ and systems programming
- Excellent customer and partner focus - able to understand their needs through a data driven approach
- Ability to organize and implement integration tests and resolve problem areas
- Experience with online services and Machine Learning/ AI - a big plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.