Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, the Shipping/Cycle Counter is to receive shipments, check any packages for damage, and sort stock and move the deliveries to their proper locations. The Shipping/Cycle Counter must keep record of the material that has been received, and monitor the shelves to fill when it is needed. The position requires the individual to rearrange materials when it is necessary and to report any unusual movement in the inventory, such as material being in the wrong location. The position requires four hours a day to be designated for inventory counts which should be coordinated with the senior receiver.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make sure the warehouse is organized and materials are moved to the proper locations using Function 41 in JDE.
- Advise purchasing department when items that are not included in JDE System are getting low such as pallets, cardboard, etc.
- Learn TMC System for inbound transportation routing and route any inbound shipment that we are responsible for.
- Conduct safety inspections of the warehouse(s)and report data into GDC system
- Work in packing when needed and complete other duties as assigned.
- 2 years' experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in JD Edwards receiving and Inventory functions and other software such as Microsoft Office applications, and Outlook.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and a pallet jack.
- Must be able to bend and lift heavy boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Must be fluent in English and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting ID: 552786880Posted: 2020-05-21