Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.comPurpose:
The HR Manager will develop, implement, and manage company policies and procedures. Manage all functional areas within responsibility to include employee relations, salary administration, payroll, benefits, training, and staffing. Keep plant management team abreast of changes in employment law as well as ensure legal compliance. Make recommendations that encompass trends and new developments within the human resources function. Works independently and makes decisions that are in the best interest of the organization. The HR Manager will report directly to the HR Director with a strong dotted-line reporting relationship to the Plant Manager.Responsibilities:
- Ensure Berry Global employee relations principles are properly communicated and understood
- Interpret and apply Human Resources policies; aligns business goals with HR policies
- Manage recruitment, compensation, diversity, performance management, employee training and development.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct HR training programs.
- Administer benefits open enrollment
- Assist Plant Manager and HR Director as necessary and requested.
- Coordinate performance and salary review process.
- Manage payroll and HR automated systems.
- Represent company in unemployment insurance claims.
- Manage Human Resources data retention process.
- Provide support for HR activities such as continuous improvement initiatives, affirmative action plan, integration, acquisitions, right-sizing.
- Act as coach/counsel at all levels in the organization.
- Participates and leads employee improvement teams to promote positive employee relations; promotes and encourages employee participation.
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience in a manufacturing setting
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; Master's preferred
- Bilingual skills preferred, not required (English/Spanish)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates group presentation skills to large audiences
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Strong analytical abilities
- Able to work independently as well as in-group settings
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Strategic thinker
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.