Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by physicians. Responsibilities:
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography or Vascular Technology, or graduate of a cardiac ultrasound program (minimum of 18 month program).
Complexity of Work:
- New hires must obtain the Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) credential from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or the Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) credential from Cardiac Credentialing International within one year of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers is required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated knowledge of m-mode, 2D and Doppler calculations and cardiac hemodynamics.
- Familiar with computers and ability to learn related programs.
- Graduate of a cardiac ultrasound program (minimum of 18 month program); and/or two years full-time echo experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time; must lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to assist with transport of patients, i.e., pushing beds, stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Requires the ability to maneuver equipment and motor coordination to operate equipment.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552786906Posted: 2020-05-21