Position Description Careers with MedExpress.
At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The field-based Community Health Worker
(CHW) acts in a liaison role with Commercial members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as provide home and social assessments and member education. Value is demonstrated through a reduction in hospital readmission. Primary Responsibilities:
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member actively engaged with their primary care provider
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care and maintain compliance with care plans
- Provide member education, support transitions of care, while partnering with the care team (community, providers, internal staff, etc.)
- May conduct additional assessments to capture member's current health care needs
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress and maintain HIPAA at all times
On-Site Solutions-based. Requires working in multiple venues to include remote, clinical, patient home setting, etc. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: 75% travel between patient homes and healthcare venues, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements and ability to lift 50 lbs.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Three years' experience working within the community health setting in a healthcare role
- Valid driver's license within the state, reliable transportation & proof of insurance
- Field-based - ability to travel approximately 75% between healthcare venues and patient homes
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
- LPN, CNA/HHA or Social Worker preferred
- Community Health Worker (CHW) certification preferred
- Knowledge of culture and values as well as familiarity with resources available in the local community preferred
2019 OptumCare. All rights reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Worker, LPN, CNA, HHA, CHW, Community Health Worker, healthcare, condition management, MedExpress, patient care, on-site solutions, Lebanon, NH, New Hampshire