Who We Are:
The Stanford University Graduate School of Education (GSE) is a top-ranked school of education, known for its prestigious faculty, rigorous graduate degree programs, and its impact on the quality of education across the world. The GSE is committed to developing leaders in education research, practice and policy. Our community includes over 60 faculty, 400 students, 200 staff, 8,000 alumni and countless people from the local and global communities we work with and impact. The work environment is dynamic, deadline-driven, fast-paced, and energetic.
The GSE at seeks a Program Administrator to provide a full range of support to the Stanford Teacher Education Program (STEP). STEP
aims to cultivate teacher leaders who share a set of core values that includes a commitment to social justice, an understanding of the strengths and needs of a diverse student population, and a dedication to equity and excellence for all students. In addition, STEP seeks to prepare and support teacher leaders working with diverse learners to achieve high intellectual, academic, and social standards by creating equitable and successful schools and classrooms. The overall goal is to prepare program graduates to meet both the practical and intellectual challenges of the teaching profession, to serve the needs of the diverse population of today's students, and to revitalize the profession and the field by preparing educational leaders for tomorrow's schools.
What You'll Do
Core duties will include:
Data Collection, Management and Analysis
- Support the program's use of the STEP online data systems; work with GSE-IT and vendors to modify/troubleshoot data systems.
- Maintain and monitor program records and data from multiple sources; organize, sort, analyze, and display data to be used by staff and faculty for research and program improvement.
- Construct, edit, administer and analyze surveys, support staff, faculty and graduate students' use of these tools.
Communication, Outreach and Events
Education & Experience:
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging production and distribution of materials, administration logistics.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for internal communications as well as STEP community events and professional development opportunities.
- Contribute to STEP's website and other social media (ex. Facebook and Twitter)
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgement in making decisions.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Experience with data management, organization, display and analysis.
- Facility with database programs (ex. Excel) and survey tools (ex. Qualtrics, Google Forms) and comfort learning new software (ex. STEP data systems in TK20byWatermark) to support program needs.
- Working knowledge of various social media sites and webpages.
- Professional experience in school and school district contexts.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
How to Apply :
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply for Job" button. To be considered, you must submit a cover letter and rsum along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Finalist must successfully complete a background check prior to working at Stanford University.
- Applicants to this position must be available to work in the United States without sponsorship for 2 years or more. OPT permit holders should confirm that they are eligible to work in the US at the Stanford GSE for two years or more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 86426