Under the direct supervision of the Manager, the CT Technologist is responsible for performing computerized tomography procedures to aid in diagnosing disease or injury.
- Prepares/educates patients for CT exams. Assesses patient's clinical history. Adjusts techniques and protocols on equipment to correspond to patient habitus and pathology.
- Researches Lab values for patient and injects contrast under direction of Radiologist as required (bolus or power injectors).
- Performs exams and transfers results from CT console to Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS). Reformats as necessary.
- Observes patient constantly to respond to any adverse reactions to ensure safety.
- Works with referring physicians to ensure the correct exam is ordered and performed for the patient.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment to ensure full calibration and complete functioning.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in field by attending appropriate meetings/seminars and reviewing current literature to maintain required state of Ohio and AART continuing education credits.
- Proficiently transfers to other modalities as qualified and/or needed, utilizing proper exam protocols and injection procedures.
- Complies with Radiology Information System and PACS entry requirements for accurate patient, film, and supply tracking monitors.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and monitors working condition of equipment; reports any malfunctions or needs for adjustments to appropriate personnel.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains required BLS. Job Specific: required to be CT registered within 18 months of hire/transfer.
- Assists and supports the Radiologic student program, specifically the clinical aspect. Provides supervision and feedback to students as they perform procedures. Reviews images with students on request and provides quarterly evaluations of students to clinical instructions for formal reviews.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of accredited radiologic technology program.
Complexity of Work:
- Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Current license by the State of Ohio as a radiologic technologist. Must be registered in CT by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists within eighteen (18) months of acceptance of position.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Ability to travel site-to-site as required.
Physical Requirements:Personal Protective Equipment:
- One year of computerized tomography experience preferred. Two years experience in diagnostic radiology in order to be eligible for on-site training in CT scanning preferred.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552787408Posted: 2020-05-21