Ensures the health and well-being of all animals housed in the BRU in accordance with guidelines, policies and regulations, under the supervision of the Biological Resources Unit (BRU) Veterinarians. May function as a Surgery Technician as well as a trainer and assist with programs relative to Veterinary Services. Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties of a Veterinary Technician I.
- Trains animal husbandry, veterinary services and research personnel to perform proper animal handling, evaluations and techniques.
- May perform the duties of an Animal Surgery Technician and assist Veterinarians and investigators by performing special surgical, medical or experimental techniques or procedures.
- Assists the Veterinarians with the Sentinel Health Monitoring Program and works with minimal supervision on Veterinary Services programs and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in a Veterinary Technician program, computer literacy, good interpersonal skills to work and communicate with all levels of the BRU and research personnel and ability to understand and follow detailed scientific instructions.
- Licensed as a Registered Veterinary Technician (VT)
- At least two years experience with demonstrated competence as a licensed Veterinary Technician (VT).
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Ability to lift and transport supplies, equipment and/or animals weighing over 50 pounds; significant amount of standing, bending and walking; must be able to tolerate unpleasant odors and sights, as well as animal bites and scratches; must have the ability to complete the job before leaving work.
- Must be willing to be trained to properly handle and provide care to all species of animals housed in the BRU.
- May be required to work with biological, chemical and radiation hazards after proper training.
- Animal care is a 7-day per week, 365-days per year job; working scheduled weekends and holidays will be required.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Veterinarian, Vet Tech, animals, VT
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552787488Posted: 2020-05-21