Works with the Planned Giving Team in the Philanthropy Institute.
Takes direction from assigned supervisor or leader. Assists with administrative, clerical, patient service or operational support duties. Responsibilities:
Provides support and works on projects for Gift Planning Team and Philanthropy Institute including:
- Investigates and conducts tax and legal research on topics including, state and federal taxes, gift and estate giving methods and the legal aspect of charitable giving
- Facilitates the administration of estate and trust distributions
- Provides analysis of basic and complex issues involving donor relations and gifting
- Develops and updates gift planning reports using a donor database
- While following all department procedures and guidelines, completes daily assignments, projects or tasks.
- Maintains equipment, files, databases.
- Participates in performance improvement activities or meetings then recommends actions to improve results.
- Once trained and assigned, assists with patient service functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications:Complexity of Work:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Some positions may require additional education or training.
- 1-2L studentscurrently enrolled in Law Schoolstrongly preferred.
- May require critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Experience required will vary by assigned department and position.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires occasional computer entry, sitting, standing and walking to attend meetings.
- Normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552787497Posted: 2020-05-21