Sr. Controls Engineer (Night Shift)Req #:
JR - 017838Location:
3/6/2020 12:40:40 PM
Baxter International Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
This position is responsible for providing engineering support during weekdays night shift (6p to 3a) to manufacturing areas. Due to the nature of this position, a very high degree of initiative, teamwork and communication are required. The candidate is responsible for project management and engineering support for the plant production departments and facilities. This position also provides technical guidance to other engineering staff, engineering and maintenance technicians, maintenance supervisors, and others as required. The Sr. Controls Engineer is tasked with providing analysis of plant manufacturing capacity, process optimization and automation, VIP identification and implementation, process validation planningexecution using lean manufacturing techniques and other problem solving tools. In-depth knowledge of machine design, CAD or PLC Programming, troubleshooting and project management required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develops or participates in the development of solutions to problems specific to assigned project.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Works with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing regulatory compliance issues.
- Writes and/or executes, and reports on validation activities.
- Designs and performs routine testing, project experiments, analysis of data and reports results.
- Performs engineering studies on new equipment to determine proper settings, control points, etc. including data gathering during start up and test batches.
- Initiates new or revisions of protocols/operating instructions specific to the project.
- Performs NCR/CAPA investigations and tasks.
- Manage and execute change control activities related to equipment.
- Performs work assignments within production department that include training and technical support
- Assists service department as an SME and leads equipment and/or process troubleshooting efforts as needed.
- Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to operating policies where appropriate.
- Establish and control capital operating budgets for projects.
- Assist in the design, installation and start-up of new equipment and systems as required.
- Perform technical trouble shooting and implement problem resolution for existing and new equipment/systems.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (internal and external) on projects relating to existing and new product lines.
- Provide technical guidance to others (internal and external) as required.
- Provide leadership, direction and expertise for complex projects.
- Provide leadership and drive new innovation within the plant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 30% of the time.
- Must be able to sit 70% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move between the office and the production floor.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment without daylight / windows.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Strong accountability and ownership.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and application of Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in the practice and execution of validation protocols.
- Technical Software Skills Preferred:
- PLC: Siemens (Step 7/TIA Portal), general understanding of Safety PLC
- HMI: Siemens (WinCC/TIA)
- Communication: Understanding of TCP/IP networks, RS-232 interfaces, Profibus communication, Fieldbus and HSSB
- Electrical: Hands on troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, understanding of safety circuits, E-Plan P8, AutoCAD, ability to read /draw schematics
- Familiarity with drives (such as servo and VFD) motion control, encoders, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Robotics: Fanuc, Staubli
- Vision Systems: Cognex, Keyence
- Programming (Bonus): C#, C++, VB, SQL Server
N/A: Intern or Co-op Education and/or Experience.
Include the education and/or experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Solid technical expertise: Bachelor of Science degree or above in an Engineering field required (preferred: Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree from a foreign university) with a minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience.
N/A: Intern or Co-op Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.