North American Medical Management, California, Inc. (NAMM California) partnered with OptumHealth in 2012. NAMM California and OptumHealth share a common goal of bringing patients, physicians, hospitals and payers closer together in the mission to increase the quality, efficiency and affordability of care. NAMM California is a part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. NAMM California develops and manages provider networks, offering a full range of services to assist physicians and other providers in supporting patient care coordination and their managed care business operations. For over 18 years, NAMM California has been an innovator in health care with a track record for quality, financial stability, extraordinary services and integrated medical management programs. NAMM California is well positioned to continually invest in its infrastructure and systems for the benefit of its provider clients and to accommodate the impending changes that will come forth from healthcare reform.
The NAMM California provider clients represent a network of almost 600 primary care physicians and over 3,000 specialists and work with the premier hospitals in their respective markets.
North American Medical Management, California, Inc. (NAMM) develops and manages clinician networks, offering a full range of services to assist physicians and other clinicians in their managed care and business operations. For over 17 years, NAMM has been an innovator in health care with a track record for quality, financial stability, extraordinary services and superior electronic capabilities. Prime Care Medical Network is a key affiliate.
Our Extended Care clinic operates as an extension for our primary care providers to attend to the unanticipated needs of patients between their primary care physician visits. The clinic operates much like an Urgent Care treating minor colds, lacerations, orthopedic injuries as well as first line interventions on patients presenting with more serious medical conditions.
The address to this location is 1700 N Waterman Ave. Bernardino, CA 92404. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works effectively with team members in a fast paced urgent care environment to provide efficient high quality patient care.
- Prepare patient for physician visit. Perform routine vital signs and screening procedures.
- Identify urgent needs of the client and critical signs and symptoms.
- Perform basic LVN skills including but not limited medication administration (IM, ID, SC, PO), obtain IV access, fluid administration, urinary catheterization, basic wound care, crutch training, visual acuity, sterile tray set up, ear lavages and cardiac monitoring.
- Reviews medications with patient and clarifies orders.
- Utilizes the nursing process to establish individual patient goals and measures patients' response to the plan of care for appropriate outcomes and intervenes appropriately
- Collaborates with physicians, patients, and families to formulate an optimal plan of care that meets all of the medical and psychosocial needs of the patient
- Develops effective communication and feedback clients, staff and providers in order to support needs and resolve problems.
- All other duties as required or need.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current LVN licensure to practice in California
- Current IV Certification
- CPR certification to be maintained throughout active employment
Careers with Optum.
- One year of recent experience in an outpatient facility
- HMO experience
- ACLS or PALS may be required depending on the area of assignment
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: LVN or LPN, San Bernardino, CA, California