Provides assessment, treatment, care and evaluation for home care patients with respiratory insufficiencies. Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Ohio Respiratory Care Board licensure.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- Valid Ohio driver's license.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Able to sit or stand the majority of a work day.
- Requires full range of motion. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552787533Posted: 2020-05-21