Pharmacist, Customer ServiceReq #:
JR - 017641Location:
3/4/2020 6:26:42 PM
Baxter International Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0h_0ih8MgQ Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure efficiency and completeness in remote prescription processing and dispensing.
- Communicates with customers (hospital pharmacy, Renal clinics, etc.) to verify prescriptions, supplies, or support services required by patients. Evaluates dosages and schedules; consults with customer regarding therapy recommendations.
- Communication with Customer Service personnel to perform/verify order entry quantities from customer data system. Communications with other Pharmacists located at other remote locations.
- Oversight of all record keeping and licensing to guarantee accuracy and compliance with state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Ensures all required documentation is maintained, including exception reporting. Participates in continuous improvement process by providing input for procedural changes.
- Assures compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality assurance and JCAHO standards, local state and federal regulations, and good manufacturing practices (GMPs), if applicable.
- Review, update and adhere to pharmacy protocols and procedures to maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory agency regulations.
- Provide pharmaceutical services deemed necessary, i.e. patient counseling, drug utilization review.
- Report prescription audit results and trending on monthly basis.
- Maintain and update all necessary reference materials.
- Communication of issues with appropriate Baxter personnel including other Pharmacists from remote locations and Customer Service personnel.
- Create good working relationships with physicians and nurses from key clinics.
- Other duties related to Pharmacy as assigned and as required by the Board of Pharmacy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- B.S. or PharmD from accredited School of Pharmacy. An active Illinois pharmacist license in good standing is required for this pharmacy position.
- Multi-state pharmacist licensure preferred
- Job experience in Drug Distribution preferred
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Posting ID: 552787577Posted: 2020-05-21