Provides or assists with basic direct patient care activities under the supervision of an RN with technical skills specifically identified on applicable skills checklists for which training and competency have been established. Responsibilities:
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to RN.
- These include but are not limited to vital signs, weights, assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care testing, application of external monitoring devises, and further technical skills of phlebotomy, clean dressing changes, 12-lead ECG's, and insertion of urinary Foley Catheters.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing process of formal and informal education.
- Other duties as assigned.
Complexity of Work:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
- Nursing students required to have BLS prior to hire.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- One year of recent, full-time patient care experience.
- Additional education/training may substitute for some/all of the stated experience (i.e. mental health experience).
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program may substitute the clinical rotation for the required experience.
- Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic (68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be considered.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force rarely, and/or 0 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552787647Posted: 2020-05-21