Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Center Activities/Programs, the Attendant KidStyles is responsible for organizing and conducting activities in KidStyles, on the Rock Wall or special programs, including camps, parties, rentals, gymnasium activities and holiday events. These programs should be implemented in such a manner so as to be an asset to LifeStyles.
- Comprehends center and department rules, regulations and policies and enforces them when applicable, including but not limited to policies on: dependents, member rules, hand-washing and hospital cleanliness procedures, etc.
- Maintains all required certifications. Knows the center's Emergency Action Plan for accidents and injuries, missing children, fire/tornado safety, etc. and demonstrates that knowledge during inservices and drills.
- Supervises the KidStyles area, rock-climbing wall or special programs ensuring the safety of each participant. Maintains order and discipline by enforcing rules and regulations and using appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Interacts with participants, utilizing available resources to plan activities that meet their recreational needs and creates an atmosphere of fun.
- Plans activities and prepares activity area prior to program/event/shift start. (E.g. gets keys, prepares sign in sheets, gathers all equipment and supplies needed, etc.)
- Performs daily duties including accurate record keeping, monetary transactions, implementation of activities, daily/weekly cleaning duties and care of equipment and supplies.
- Follows closing duty procedures ensuring that all equipment and supplies wiped down and/or put away in their proper place, sign in and statistical reports are turned in and that the room is clean and neat for future use.
- Promotes the departments programs and services by establishing relationships with children and their families who frequent LifeStyles in order to generate maximum participation in KidStyles, on the Rock Wall and in special programs throughout the facility.
- Attends and positively contributes in all mandatory meetings and inservices.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS) and first aid.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS) and first aid.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to work variable hours necessary. Possess professional attitude and demeanor.
Physical Requirements:Personal Protective Equipment:
- Coaching playground recreational experience preferred.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 552787685Posted: 2020-05-21