Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Requires an associate's degree and is certified as a registered nurse Prefer Bachelors degree in Nursing. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particula
Dreaming of living in paradise? Want to join a team delivering unmatched patient care? Enjoy working with an incredible team? If so, we have the perfect role for you!What We Stand For:
Lower Keys Medical Center is committed to the delivery of consistent quality services in a safe and fiscally responsible manner that meet the needs of patients, physicians, employees and our community; and to the maintenance of an environment that encourages individual development, teamwork and pride with compassion and respect for each person.What We Do:
Lower Keys Medical Center (LKMC) is a 167 bed, full service, Joint Commission accredited, outstanding, acute care medical facility with a
- 24/7 emergency room
- 24/7 laboratory
- 24/7 radiology services
- 24/7 specially equipped medical transport helicopter
is also proud to be the only hospital in the Florida Keys that offers labor and delivery services. We also offer physical therapy in Key West using a multi-joint strength system, in addition to other innovative systems and equipment for customized rehabilitation.LKMC
is fully accredited by the State of Florida and the gold standard, The Joint Commission.What Does a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit Do?
As a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit with Lower Keys Medical Center, you will spend your day...
What's In It For You?:
- Evaluating assigned patients and plans, implementing and documenting nursing care.
- Assisting the physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performing various patient tests and administering medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promoting patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients, and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Also a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically you will report to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Joining the LKMC team gives you an unmatched experience of being a part of something much larger, growth potential, full benefits package, competitive salary, etc.Which Qualifications Do You Need?
In order to set you up for success, you need the basics of...
- An Associate's Degree and RN (FL) certified are required.
- Also you must have current BLS, and ACLS certifications from the American Heart Association.
- Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Two years of medical experience is preferred, however not mandatory.
Lower Key Medical Center is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.