Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program - the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a CCP Spacecraft Software Engineer
to join our team with Barrios Technology, Inc.
, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
To fulfill this critical role, you will need expertise in all aspects of the Human Rated software development life cycle, including:
Qualifications :Required Education/Experience/Skills:This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- System integration and interface management and coordination.
- Software testing and verification.
- Software Product Assessment for completeness of design and implementation.
- Software Process Assessment (including Compliance assessment) across the full development life cycle.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Prefer experience with:
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. degrees and nine (9) years direct engineering experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following specialty areas:
- Spacecraft Display & Control Systems.
- Safety Critical Human-Rated Software Development.
- Human Rated Mature Software Processes.
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) for Distributed Avionics Architectures.
- Autonomous Systems.
- Data Engineering/Data Governance.
- Proficiency with team collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, Webex, Skype, Sharepoint, Jira.
- Experience working as part of an Integrated Product Team to develop avionic systems.
- Experience leading a software development project across the full development life cycle.
- Experience fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
Why Work on Our Team?
- Spacecraft Avionics and Software Architecture.
- Safety and flight critical software development.
- NASA software and systems development standards (incl NPR 7150.2).
- ARINC 664, 653.
- RTC DO178.
- Object oriented software development.
- Agile software development.
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python.
- Software project management experience.
- Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI).
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.