Are you pursuing a nursing degree and want to gain real life experience in a hospital setting while you pursue your schooling? If so, our RN Intern program may be a great fit for you. Our highly flexible intern program is designed to provide a mutual benefit and help grow your confidence and competence.
Are you pursuing a nursing degree and want to gain real life experience in a hospital setting while you pursue your schooling? If so, our RNIntern program
may be a great fit for you. Our highly flexible intern program is designed to provide a mutual benefit and help grow your confidence and competence.If you are selected for our intern program, you will be committing to:
As a Patient Care Assistant, you will:
- Work two 12-hour shifts/month as a Patient Care Assistant floating wherever we have a need.
- Two shifts are required per month but you are welcome to pick up as many hours as you desire and that work with your schedule.
- In exchange for this two shifts/month commitment, you will have the opportunity during your final year of schooling to select the unit of your choice where you will work one 8 hour shift per month shadowing an RN.
- You may select the same unit each month or you can use this opportunity to gain experience in multiple units in which you have interest.
- Perform a variety of patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- These include assisting with personal hygiene, taking vital signs and changing bed linens.
- Duties may also include serving and collecting food trays, providing for between-meal nourishment, and cleaning, sterilizing, storing and preparing other supplies.
To be considered for our Intern program, you must currently be enrolled in either an ADN or BSN nursing program at an accredited university. The 8 hour shadowing shift in the unit of your choice is available to you beginning your final year but you may join the program prior to that. All interns must have completed the fundamentals of their program. About Northwest Health
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality healthcare.
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center - Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center - Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians' Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women's Hospital
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America-a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren't local and haven't already discovered this, check out www.northwestarkansas.org to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/M/V) and welcome you to apply.
Posting ID: 552788268Posted: 2020-05-21