Position is responsible for processing all payments and adjustments received to the SSC timely and accurately.POSITION PURPOSE
Responsible for processing all payments and adjustments received to the SSC timely and accurately. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process all payments and adjustments received in an accurate and timely manner.
- Post all payments received through the lockbox, EFT, or mailroom and adjustments as identified by insurance explanation of benefits.
- Correct payment posting errors. Balances posted payments before leaving each day.
- Submits required paperwork (journal, batch out, batch cover sheets) daily.
- Works to identify and resolve payment posting issues.
- Researches and transfers payments in Unidentified timely. Maintains knowledge of the transaction codes and proper utilization.
- Ensure confidentiality of all patient accounts by following HIPAA guidelines. Adheres to compliance of CMS and other payor guidelines.
- Communicate daily with management on payor trends identified. Attend in-services, education sessions and department meetings as scheduled.
- Responsible for following up and maintaining patient accounts that require payment research and resolution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of area; understand various computer programs/applications necessary to perform
- assigned job function.
- Responsible for reviewing payment reports and obtaining EOBs for processing.
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned or requested.
Posting ID: 552788271Posted: 2020-05-21