L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Quality Assurance ManagerJob Code:
Williamsport, PAJob Description:
This position will be responsible for division level ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance, reporting to the VP/General Manager. Expectations include managing Quality Control, and Quality Assurance functions in accordance with the business division (EDD) Quality Management System. Responsibilities include overall day-to-day direction and coordination of quality activities.
- Implementation, facilitation and oversight of strategically selected Division Quality Management initiatives, such as ISO 9001:2015 Registration of Quality Management Systems, customer contract requirements and industry standards.
- Leadership in design and maintenance of Quality Management Objectives & Standards.
- Advise and develop Quality Management Systems reporting through periodic and ongoing communications.
- Develop programs for continued improvement of our business processes.
- Development and implementation of Quality Procedures necessary to insure product conformance to customer requirements and report non-conformances appropriately.
- Communicate topics of Technical/Quality Management significance to all levels and departments.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for strategic improvement plans, operating improvements and work methods improvement.
- Aid in the development, creation and implementation of Quality Assurance's own initiatives and upgrades of processes, procedures, forms, reports and metrics.
- Provide customer interface and coordinate inter-departmental activities necessary to resolve, local and field quality and reliability issues.
- Direct programs or recommendations that will improve compliance and reliability through corrective action and trend administration.
- Develop and implement training programs, as required, for quality awareness, effectiveness improvement, and customer satisfaction.
- Review contractual quality requirements and assure compliance via plan implementation.
- Analyze quality trends and is accountable for assuring a multidiscipline approach to defect prevention and/or correction. This includes establishment and maintenance of an effective closed loop corrective action system.
- Perform other functions and generate necessary reports, as required.
- Support and participate in Corporate Quality sponsored inter-company teams and councils.
- Perform other duties as required by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline.
- ASQ Certification (CQM, CMGR/OE, CQE or CQA) is an asset.
- 7-to-10 years of progressive management experience in manufacturing environment, including background in engineering, quality and manufacturing.
- Complete working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Management ability to develop strategic business initiatives in Quality Management and related areas.
- Leadership ability on design, maintenance and improvement of Quality Management Systems.
- Coordination and communication skills necessary for the highest level programs.
- Budget planning and organizational controls.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.