L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:Systems Engineer 4Position: AS20200503-42614Location: Plano, TXJob Description:
As a Systems Engineer 4
, you will be responsible for design, development, implementation, testing and analysis of technical products and system. This position supports the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. Essential Functions:
- Requirements definition, flowdown, and traceability for complex electronic systems
- System design synthesis of electronic systems
- Perform trade studies on a variety of system issues and components
- Perform design verification testing efforts including lab, chamber, ground and captive flight test
- Analyze data from design verification test efforts
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Present results during internal and external program meetings
- Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of development and test activities
- Develop, track and present technical metrics
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
- May lead small engineering team
- Other duties as required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. citizen
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 5-year update; must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years' experience in a related engineering field
- Design, development and/or testing of radar and/or other RF system
- Familiarity with radar system components including antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor
- Proficient with Matlab
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to travel 10% to support field testing
- Master's degree
- DOORs experience
- Cost account manager experience
- Design to Cost experience
- Working knowledge of military standards
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.