On the Control and Application Software team, we push the envelope supporting multiple ground and flight teams here at KSC, making the launch of NASA's next generation rocket possible. As a member of the Control and Application Software group, you will be responsible for the full software development life-cycle of the applications and tools that make launch happen. Overview:
Jacobs Technology, through the Test and Operations Support Contract (TOSC), provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks support the International Space Station, Exploration Ground Systems, Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs. Responsibilities:
Qualifications :BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/science field from an ABET accredited institution is required.
- Candidate will be a member the TOSC Control & Application Software development team in support of software development activities at the Kennedy Space Center. Tasking will require the candidate to:
- Perform technical development of software products to include requirements, design and coding, testing, and documentation.
- Provide technical support as part of the TOSC GFAST (Ground Flight Application Software Team) development team. Perform integration across the TOSC sub-system teams to assure continuity of the software products.
- Serve as part of the team responsible for technical integration between the GFAST and the NASA customer.
- Develop and/or evaluate work instruction packages; support of internal and project level reviews, working groups, vendor technical interchange meetings, peer reviews, code walkthroughs, and other project deliverables associated with the software delivery life cycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential FunctionsPhysical Requirements
- Experience with Linux or Unix and one or more of the following: C, C++, JAVA, Python is required.
- Experience with Agile or other similar software methodologies is desirable.
- Experience with the full life cycle of software processes (design, development, and delivery) for safety critical software is desirable.
- Knowledge of software testing and test analysis (regression, timing, failure, etc.) and the configuration, build, and delivery authorization processes of software development/delivery is desirable
- Must be a self-motivated, team player comfortable with working in a dynamic environment
- Must be a US Citizen
- This position is considered entry-level.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
Equipment and Machines
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
Other Essential Functions
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Posting ID: 552788323Posted: 2020-05-21