Jacobs is seeking a Systems Engineer (Full Performance) at our Herndon, VA location. Duties will include:
- Be a primary focal point for tier 2 escalations from tier one service providers
- Assist the entire organization with the SME chat
- Assist in the training and development of training for tier 1 personnel
- Assist in the creation of user guides, manuals and troubleshooting/configuration documents
- Will assist in the full life cycle of product selection (desktop hardware, software, telephony equipment, imaging devices and other peripherals). Performs hardware/software analysis to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment. Prepare trade-off studies and evaluations for vendor equipment.
- Recommends design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Positions at this level are responsible for performing moderately complex product selection, evaluation, testing and integration; performing upgrades to limited segments of the network, and performing operations and maintenance (O&M) at the tier two level and interfacing with other service providers.
- Must stay at the forefront of new technologies and work to assist in implementation of those technologies
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly
- This is a Full Performance position that requires a minimum 3 years of experience. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of hardware and product lifecycles
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing (briefing senior management is expected)
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Performs hardware/software analysis to provide comparative data of performance characteristics and suitability within the existing systems environment.
- Prepare trade-off studies and evaluations for vendor equipment.
- Recommends changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Must have a strong understanding of desktop
- Plans products for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance. Incumbents prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards to add new technologies to the network
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Sponsor administrative accounts
- CISSP / Security+
An Information Technology Generalist proficient in many facets of information technology requirements. The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending, carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday; however, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to
choose the most appropriate one
Coordination - Possess the ability to quickly and strategically adjust project activities in relation to internal/external team actions.
- Advanced knowledge the customer and the inner workings of the organization are critical to this position.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must be a US citizen.