Jacobs is seeking a Business Engineering Systems Support Tech (configuration manager) with TS/SCI with Poly at our Tysons Corner location. Duties will include:
- To maintain and update the BESS accounting systems, the configuration manager will operate, maintain, install and manage telecommunications in non-traditional environments.
- Will also provide project management and systems integration for voice and data communication systems; supervise installation of these systems; and provide maintenance and support to mission partners after installation.
- Specializations include voice transmission, data communications, TCP-IP networks, Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), COMSEC/TEMPEST, facsimile, cable-to-modem communication, RF (including satellite) communication capabilities, power systems, generators, digital/analog fault isolation and repair to least replaceable unit.
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly
- This is a Full Performance position that requires a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Familiar with the operation of Linux Operating System
- Familiar with the operation of Sun Solaris Operating System
- Familiar with operation of the Oracle and Postgress Databases
- Familiar with the Avaya Telecommunications suite
- Familiar with the 5ESS Lucent Telecommunications Platform
- Capable of patching and creating new Linux systems
- Capable of Patching and creating new Sun Solaris systems
- Capable of administering Linux Operating systems and Sun Solaris operating Systems
- Familiar with Ic-503 Security procedures, Testing and implementation
- Capable of creating new Software in Powerbuilder, Oracle SQL, Ruby and Rails, Java and Linux Korn Shell
- Capable of provisioning new Telephone service in Avaya Switches
- Capable of provisioning new telephone service in 5ESS switches
- Can create new customer driven Avaya telephone templates
- Can create new customer driven 5ESS telephone templates
- Can troubleshoot and repair HP Proliant Servers
- Can troubleshoot and repair Oracle Servers
- Can create and maintain billing software
- Can work change requests through customers global systems.
- The employee can make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished. Issues requiring monetary approval have to go up the reporting chain. The prioritization of projects and the daily schedule of the BESS team is determined by the lead. Only urgent or high profile projects may be directed down to the capacity team.
- The employee is not involved with personnel or compensation decisions.
- The employee has full discretion and independent judgment as it relates to the incident tickets. As long as he remains within budget and scope the manager has full autonomy as it relates to the team and its resources. Outside of the incident framework the employee does not have approving authority for major monetary decisions.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Advanced knowledge the customer and the interworking's of the organization are critical to this position.
- Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times.
- Prior experience with Telephony, COTS, cable testers, ESMT, Oracle and Avaya.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Depending on assignment, the work environment varies from an office environment to working in an environment that may include exposure to drafts, noise, dust, grease, dirt, and standing water as well as temperature extremes and inclement weather.
Employees may experience extended periods of standing, walking, climbing, bending, crouching, and lifting light to very heavy objects and equipment. Use of ladders or scaffolding may be required with the use of required safety equipment. Employees may be exposed to potential health hazards.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Customer and Personal Service:
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Other Essential Functions/Characteristics:
An Information Technology Generalist proficient in many facets of information technology requirements. The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Additional Information:
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be a US citizen.