Jacobs is seeking a Configuration Manager (VSIT) with TS/SCI with Poly. The duties will include:
- Provide technical assistance to project managers to best fulfill customers' requests. Will analyze customer requirements and determine the best technical solution with specifications of voice/telephony components and system integration techniques to satisfy the requirements for complex design and technology activities. These activities consist of voice/telephony distribution, teleconferencing design and test efforts. Provides other support as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance and continuous improvement of the process, working methods and tools, including configuration management of computer systems, networks and their configurations, workstations and their configuration, software development activity, performance tool development and distribution, and applications distribution. Configuration change tracking and documentation control to include, but not limited to concepts of operation, requirements identification and documentation, preliminary and detailed system definition, system design review, performance monitoring tools and production software.
- Ensure the CM process is introduced and implemented according to guidelines from the process owner.
- Keep the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) update. Perform audits on the actual CMDB.
- Provides continuous coordination of progress on actions, tasking, and issues.
- Reviews and edits technical documentation, as requested. Serves as a corporate referent on technical writing and editing matters. Serves as the CM authority for reviewing software code deliveries and managing code libraries.
- Must have TS/SCI with Poly
- This is a Full Performance position that requires a minimum of 3 years of experience relevant to the job. High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates degree is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Avaya voice systems including Communications Manager (CM) based systems, IP Office, Aura System Manager and Session Manager. Strong knowledge of Avaya based adjunct systems including Avaya Aura Conferencing (AAC), Avaya Aura Messaging (AAM), Avaya Aura Contact Center (AACC) and Avaya Elite Call Center.
- Must have prior experience with AVAYA, Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Voice Switches, and patch panels, AURA,
- Ability to prioritize multiple work activities to ensure on-time completion of tasks
- Familiar with the operation of Linux Operating System
- Familiar with the operation of Sun Solaris Operating System
- Familiar with the Avaya Telecommunications suite
- Familiar with the 5ESS Lucent Telecommunications Platform
- Familiar with Ic-503 Security procedures, Testing and implementation
- Capable of provisioning new Telephone service in Avaya Switches
- Capable of provisioning new telephone service in 5ESS switches
- Can create new customer driven Avaya telephone templates
- Can create new customer driven 5ESS telephone templates
- Can work change requests through customers global systems.
- The employee can make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished. Issues requiring monetary approval have to go up the reporting chain. The employee is not involved with personnel or compensation decisions.
- The employee has full discretion and independent judgment as it relates to the incident tickets. As long as he remains within budget and scope the manager has full autonomy as it relates to the team and its resources. Outside of the incident framework the employee does not have approving authority for major monetary decisions.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Advanced knowledge the customer and the interworking's of the organization are critical to this position.
- Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times.
- Prior experience with Telephony, COTS, cable testers, ESMT, Oracle and Avaya.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Ability to solve complex technical problems relating to work involving new installations, upgrades, and daily operation of VoIP and analog systems.
- Ability to provide break/fix support, complete moves, add changes.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Depending on assignment, the work environment varies from an office environment to working in an environment that may include exposure to drafts, noise, dust, grease, dirt, and standing water as well as temperature extremes and inclement weather. Employees may experience extended periods of standing, walking, climbing, bending, crouching, and lifting light to very heavy objects and equipment. Use of ladders or scaffolding may be required with the use of required safety equipment. Employees may be exposed to potential health hazards.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Customer and Personal Service:
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Other Essential Functions/Characteristics:
An Information Technology Generalist proficient in many facets of information technology requirements. The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
Must be willing to travel as needed.
Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
Must be a US citizen.