Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our US Federal business covers four broad portfolios - Army, Navy, Air Force/Defense Contractors, and Federal Civilian/Intelligence. This is a global business and we follow our US Federal clients all over the globe supporting their mission and delivering sustainable/high performance solutions.
This position provides management for the delivery of multiple building design or renovation projects within budget and schedule, including leading multi-disciplined project delivery teams in the development of construction drawings and specifications in accordance with client requirements. Reporting directly to the Program Manager, this position also requires direct interface with Federal Government clients. Some projects may be classified.
• Responsible for delivering large and/or multiple projects, on time, within budget and to agreed specifications and providing effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects.
• Leads team in the project execution to accomplish project commitments and timing.
• Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria.
• Functions as a team lead for projects including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed, and as a single point of contact with clients.
• Manages large and often multiple projects and participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company's goals.
• Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements.
• Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client.
• Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients.
• Develops cost proposals to respond to client requests.
• Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role, and of the project activities in general.
• Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teams.
• Responsible for ongoing financial reporting throughout project execution.
• Plan, organize and staff key field positions.
• Mentors and trains clients, vendors and team members in project management methods, procedures and activities.
• Leads teams in site survey activities, sometimes at overseas locations. Travel is expected to be approximately 10-15% of total time, and of short-term (one week) duration per trip.
•Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Architecture.
•Professional Registration (PE or RA).
•5-15 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Architecture, Engineering, or Construction organization.
•Strong working knowledge of building design and construction, systems/components and technology, construction drawings and specifications, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building.
•Demonstrated ability to manage multiple task and IDIQ contracts is key experience.
•Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Project.
•United States Citizenship.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Posting ID: 552788458Posted: 2020-05-21