L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Senior Specialist, External ReportingJob Code: CHQ20202802-42222Job Location: Melbourne, FLDescription:
The Corporate Technical Accounting Group (CTAG) has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant to join their External Reporting Team. This position is responsible for helping ensure GAAP and SEC reporting requirements are adhered to and SEC filings and other external reports are complete, accurate and submitted timely, including helping to monitor the regulatory environment for new or changing disclosure requirements.Duties:
- Prepare and/or review external financial documents, including SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K), earnings releases, earnings presentations and non-GAAP reconciliations
- Prepare schedules during close as requested to facilitate the preparation of consolidated financial statements (e.g., equity rollforward, EPS, cash flow model)
- Assist in accounting for non-standard transactions/agreements and other complex topics (e.g., M&A transactions, divestitures, capital market transactions, asset impairments)
- Assist with annual goodwill impairment testing
- Technical accounting research and preparation of technical accounting memos
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to external reporting processes to promote accuracy and timeliness
- Facilitate requests from internal and external auditors
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and assist with special projects as requested
- 2 or more years of public accounting experience with a Big 4 or national firm
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a minimum 6 years or prior relevant experience OR Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP concepts and internal controls
- Strong communication skills - both interpersonal and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects
- Broad financial and business acumen
- Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to work well independently as well as an effective team member in a dynamic environment
- CPA with active license strongly preferred
- Master's degree in Accounting or MBA
- Exposure to contract accounting, preferably for U.S. Government contracts
- Exposure to SEC filing regulations and procedures
- Experience with Workiva SEC reporting and/or Hyperion Financial Management software
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.