L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
This position will be responsible for analytical support to an advanced modem design team. Areas of analysis include traditional communications modulations in the satellite communications domain providing Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Analysis for customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Communication Systems (CS) Segment.
L3Harris Communication Systems segment provides integrated solutions for U.S. and international defense and public safety networks, including tactical communications, broadband communications, night vision technology, and public safety. We specialize in advanced Satellite Communications waveforms, SATCOM terminals and modems, and various other specialized communications systems.
The experienced DSP/Communications Analyst will perform the following:
- Derive link budgets and transmitter/receiver analysis for signals operating at near-threshold levels through ground terminals and satellite transponder
- Construct, modify, and run MATLAB simulations for complex waveforms to derive performance requirements and expectations for Bit Error Rate (BER) in additive white Gaussian noise (AWGN) and jamming, and detection of LPD signals
- Architect Communication systems including terminals and modems implementing algorithms such as advanced modulation schemes, automatic gain control (AGC) design and control, forward error correction, time and frequency tracking, signal excision
- Work closely with the engineering teams through design, implementation, integration, and test of the signal processing and communication subsystems; support the complete testing and qualification of the deliverable system
- PhD Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with Digital Signal Processing operations and optimization (FFT, FIR filters, Up/Down sampling, modulation, convolution, and correlations)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with modem signal processing in areas such as coding, pulse shaping, symbol mapping, tracking loop design, equalization, multirate, and digital translation
- Solid understanding of Digital Signal Processing concepts
- Solid understanding of Communication theory with experience generating Signal Processing models and Communication models using MATLAB
- Experience with Broadband networking Ethernet Layer 2 and 3 implementation
- Experience with RF design impairments, including simple cascaded analysis and link budget analysis
- Experience with advanced waveforms including spread spectrum, Orthogonal Frequency-division Multiplexing (OFDM), Low Probability of Intercept/Low Probability of Detection (LPI/LPD), Anti-Jam (AJ)
- Experience with chaotic signal processing methods and chaotic sequence spread spectrum modulations
- Experience with advanced signal detection processing techniques including radiometric methods, higher order statistical analysis, cyclostationary signal processing and other time frequency transforms, and other relevant statistical signal processing detection techniques such as wavelet transforms and eigendecomposition/ Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
This position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.