The Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring that team members (Vacation Counselors) perform all sales activities for new and existing members, owners and guests. The Sales Manager is also responsible for representing the Company, ensuring member/guest satisfaction, and managing the quality of product and service delivery.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises a team of vacation counselors who deliver vacation ownership presentations to current and potential clients in an ethical and responsible manner.
- Trains vacation counselors to learn and deliver a branded and scripted sales pitch according to company guidelines.
- Assists and trains team members in sourcing and developing client referrals.
- Develops sales action plans and schedules for each individual client.
- Assists with the structure and action plans for each vacation ownership presentation.
- Assists vacation counselors in overcoming client objections.
- Adds credibility as a higher authority figure, negotiating with clients to close sales of products and services.
- Responsible for achieving and/or exceeding the established sales targets in regards to volume per guest (VPG), net sales volume and closing percentage as directed by senior management.
- Complete all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adhere to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the vacation ownership industry.
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience in the sales and/or vacation ownership industry.
This position spends the majority of the time (50% or more) achieving Organization objectives, often through the coordinated achievements of subordinate Staff. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks related similar to those performed by direct reports, but primary duties are supervisory or organizational-goal centric. This position analyzes and resolves problems, determines work techniques, monitors for regulatory compliance, maintains production, interprets and creates policies, and demonstrates expertise in department/Sales subject-matter.
This position establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with independence, and makes decisions on matters of significant importance. This position manages Team Members, financial, and/or physical resources; proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. This position also exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action; develops systems to ensure subordinate Team Members adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with organizational goals and objectives.
Specific supervisory duties include, but are not limited to the following:
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Establishes objectives and goals for the team; plans, organizes and manages work flow.
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews work; evaluates direct report's performance.
- Recruit, interview, train, discipline, and terminate (with HR approval) direct reports.
- Orientate and train direct reports
- Approves time records/time off requests and submits payroll for direct reports.
- Investigates and resolves concerns and complaints.
- Provide assistance and support to the site; maintains a positive and professional working environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Valid Real Estate License - as required by state law.
This position requires the ability to understand and follow both oral and written instruction as well as have knowledge of and properly use Standard English and follow office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Skilled in the knowledge and application of sales techniques such as building rapport, needs/value selling, negotiating and closing the sale.
- Ability to conduct oneself on a professional and unbiased manner at all times.
- Must be able to clearly explain the product and sampler contract.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understands how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often of a different nature, changing from one task to another, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Ability to speak competently and confidently in a public setting.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Intermediate math skills.
Posting ID: 552788492Posted: 2020-05-21