L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title
: Director of QualityJob Code
: CS20202402-41861 (Director, Quality)Job Location
: Rochester, NYJob Description
L3Harris Corporation is looking for a dynamic leader to assume the senior quality leadership role within its world class electronics manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY. This leader should bring a proven track record of leading quality organizations to exceed customer expectations, driving 6-sigma based manufacturing strategies, and building high performing quality organizations. This leader should be enthusiastic, decisive, and results-oriented with a collaborative approach to meet challenges. Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the delivery of high quality, cost competitive products, to support business demand.
- Manage enterprise quality to meet customer satisfaction and internal quality objectives.
- Communicate a vision and align the organization around strategic quality improvement.
- Build a diverse, high-performing and actively engaged quality organization.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and business processes; and regulatory requirements.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical discipline
- 10+ years of quality leadership experience in electronics manufacturing including printed circuit board assembly, surface mount assembly technology, and electro-mechanical assembly.
- Experience with lean 6-sigma concepts and processes (green/black belt preferred).
- Experience managing APQP based programs with supply chain partners.
- Experience driving formal root cause corrective action programs.
- Experience building a quality focused culture and driving process, program and product quality.
- Experience managing large budgets (or P&L responsibilities) including capital asset planning.
- Experience with ISO9001, AS9100, IPC workmanship standards
- Experience working with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Proficient with applied statistics in manufacturing
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience
- Oracle EBS experience
- Proficient computer skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.