S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.Job Title: Sprinkler Designer Trainee
The Designer Trainee will be learning and practicing all skills necessary in order to provide excellent service to customers alongside other Design staff members. Works within NFPA, building, and underwritten standards to create and draft sprinkler designs.
Works to achieve annual company objectives and personal performance goals. Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to learn how to complete a sprinkler drawing as detailed in most current NFPA standards documentation.
- Ability to learn how to identify the building construction type as identified in most NFPA standards documentation.
- Ability to learn how to identify the type of hazard and the appropriate protection for it.
- Learn how to become familiar with a project budget and work within that budget.
- Ability to learn how to coordinate work with other trades on complex projects.
- Ability to learn how to understand and resolve coordination problems.
- Ability to learn how to effectively design a project; including cutting pipe with all appropriate fittings.
- Ability to learn how to select all required materials for installation.
- Ability to learn how to operate present version of either AutoCAD and all current AutoCAD tools or AutoSPRINK.
- Ability to learn how to run Navis Works and develop clash reports.
- Ability to learn how to coordinate pipe drawing, heads, hangers & other sprinkler components critical to design, field or other trade affected (non-complex project).
- Ability to learn how to coordinate pipe drawing, heads, hangers & other sprinkler components critical to design, field or other trade affected (complex project).
- Ability to learn how to correctly estimate and schedule design hours for a project.
- Ability to learn how to meet industry quality standards in producing drawings, hydraulic calculations, material pick offs and material submittals for a project.
- Ability to learn how to correctly complete project paperwork, such as: test papers, insurance permits, punch list.
- Ability to learn how to identify contract work vs. non-contract work and alert appropriate personnel in writing.
- Ability to learn how to troubleshoot and identify potential problems before they manifest.
- Ability to understand, carry out and communicate about all project tasks.
- Communicate in face-to-face meetings with customers in a way that provides the company and the customer with accurate, thorough information about a job, and that leaves the customer with a positive impression of our company and our service.
- Gain knowledge of all applicable fire codes, including NFPA 13.
- Works with other departments to service customers.
- Works to achieve company's annual objectives and to achieve personal performance goals.
- Operates at all times in compliance with the company's safety practices.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education / Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Engineering background is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude is required.
- Knowledge of Hydratec or AutoSPRINK programs is a plus.
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- NICET Certification is a plus.
- Ability to conduct a field survey to obtain all proper dimensions and information is required.
- Ability to travel to job sites by plane or vehicle required.
- A commitment to learn and show initiative in completing the training program is required.
#CB1We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Posting ID: 552788499Posted: 2020-05-21