Jacobs is seeking a Network Engineer with an active TS/SCI Poly to join their team in the Hanover, MD area.
- Network design and evaluation, hardware/software installation, upgrades, troubleshooting, repair, monitoring, tuning, automation scripting and general user support.
- Duties will also include maintaining system documentation, developing infrastructure support procedures, and providing security support.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex network system installation processes.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
Desired Skills (NOT REQUIRED):
- Proficiency with networking technologies such as routers, switches, encryption, and firewalls.
- Proficiency with TCP/IP networking, networking architecture, computer and operating systems.
- Proficiency with network security principles, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Proven ability to work independently while being conscious of how your work interacts with that of others.
- Proficiency with Cisco hardware and operating systems.
- Proficiency with VMware virtualization solutions.
- Possess drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree with eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience or a Masters with six (6) to sight (8) years of experience. In lieu of a degree, four (4) additional years of related work experience can be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph U.S. government security clearance required.
- A working knowledge of both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking & Micro-segmentation
- Understanding of VXLAN and logical networking concepts
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Ability to work flex and overtime hours with some weekend hours expected.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely; analytical problem-solving skills; adept at root-cause analysis and mitigation.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Posting ID: 552788503Posted: 2020-05-21