Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is seeking Civil construction workers for future projects in North and South Carolina. Perform duties construction duties in Heavy Commercial and Industrial environments. Must have experience in installing rebar, pouring concrete, form carpentry and a willingness to work.
- Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Levels, smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screed.
- Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Mix cement, using hoe or concrete-mixing machine.
- Direct sub grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
- Follow set procedures and standards.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel required.
Performs other duties as requiredWe offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Posting ID: 552788523Posted: 2020-05-21