L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: L3HARRIS CSW,
is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager
to lead a team of Project and Systems Engineers that support the development, sustainment, and business pursuit activities associated with Line of Sight and SATCOM communication systems. This leadership position will support the Army & International Business Area.Competencies/Skills:
This person should have demonstrated leadership experience in engineering development and/or program management and should include experience leading major development proposal efforts. Key competencies/skills required for this position include:
- Personnel management and building cohesive/collaborative teams
- Understanding of business development processes/lifecycle with an emphasis on capture and proposal planning and proposal development
- Planning and organization skills
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Understanding of all aspects of Military Standard Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) including: Design, Implementation, Transition to Manufacturing, and Maintenance
- Qualitative and quantitative risk analysis and management skills
- In depth understanding of advanced communication systems, including wide band data links used in land, sea, air and tactical Line of Sight and SATCOM applications.1
- A BS (MS Preferred) degree in an engineering discipline
- 10+ years of directly related work experience in project/systems engineering, including requirements analysis, development of architecture and technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, etc.
- 2+ years of directly related work experience in engineering and/or program management, including experience leading major development and proposal efforts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Due to the nature of our work this position requires the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Must be able to travel on occasion
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.