Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.Position Summary
The Federal deign practice serves numerous federal clients including USACE, NAVFAC, Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guard, and federal civilian agencies for all types of facilities around the globe.
In Dallas-Fort Worth our Federal design practice also works closely with the rest of our Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business to collaborate on designs for private and local public sector clients on building and facility types including airports, Data Centers, hospitals, laboratories, educational facilities, and other commercial and institutional projects.
We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
Our Federal Design Group is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join its MEP Facilities Design team in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area.
At Jacobs our Electrical Buildings Engineers must have exceptional design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for a wide range of federal buildings and facilities including hangars, barracks, aviation facilities including control towers, and command, control, training, and operations facilities.
- Design 600V electrical distribution systems and have a familiarity with medium voltage systems
- Knowledge of low voltage systems such as telecommunications, access control and security systems is a plus
- Design lighting systems including associated control systems
- Prepare load analysis for the advanced stages of design under the supervision of a senior engineer
- Prepare detailed project electrical systems drawings
- Prepare basis of design report for the project
- Prepare and document project energy compliance to applicable energy codes
- Select and prepare specifications for electrical equipment
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and with project architects
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is required from accredited university program
- PE is required
- Minimum 4 years working for an MEP firm is required
- Proof of US Citizenship is required
- Proficiency in REVIT or AutoCAD software required
- Proficiency in SKM, etap, or similar design software required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Previous Federal project experience is preferred
- Government security clearance is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.