Fire Sprinkler Designer / Project ManagerAbout Us:
Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a customer-driven, single-source, self-performing construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our customers. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain dedicated, knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to become part of the Shambaugh team, as we continue to build on our 90+ year Shambaugh success story.
At Shambaugh, we recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization. Job Summary:
Shambaugh & Son L.P. is seeking a designer for Fire Protection Systems for all types of projects including Industrial, Commercial and Residential. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design & Layout of Fire Sprinkler Systems
- BIM modeling
- Hydraulic Calculations
- Field Surveying
- Listing for Fabrication
- Coordination Between Trades
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate or Technical Degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience. Examples include: Architectural, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management Degrees
- 5+ years of Fire Protection design experience required
- NICET certification preferred
- AutoCad experience and/or Hydratec Experience required
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record
- Excellent communicator, self-motivated individual with great organizational skills
- Only applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be considered
- Candidates must successfully complete employment background check.
- A smart phone will be furnished for work purposes with fixed data and standard usage rate plan. You will also be furnished with all the necessary equipment and tools required to perform your job as a Fire Sprinkler Designer / Project Manager.
- All travel and Company expenses associated with your position will be reimbursed with the use of Company expense reports.
- You will be eligible for company health, dental, and vision insurance on the first of the month following date of hire. Life and long-term disability are company paid and effective on the first of the month following your date of hire. Additional information will be provided to you during your new hire orientation. Other benefits include: option to participate in EMCOR's stock option plan; and sick and short-term disability per the employee handbook. Also employees are eligible for discounts on vehicles, computer purchases, etc.
- You will be eligible to enroll and participate in our 401(k) retirement plan, with employer match, beginning on the first of the month following your date of hire. The company provides the option to contribute to either a traditional 401(k) and/or a Roth 401(k).
- Employees will receive performance reviews following 90 days of employment and then semi-annually following that. Wages are typically reviewed and considered for adjustment in December of each year, following 12 months of employment.
- Employees will receive Paid Vacation based on the company Vacation Policy.
#CB1We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledShambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.
Posting ID: 552788560Posted: 2020-05-21