L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Sr. Network Engineer Job Code:
Kekaha, HI Job Description:
Provides network engineering design, security, administration, and management to all classified and unclassified PMRF mission specific networks. Configures and maintains routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices in accordance with DoD/DoN/PMRF policy. Provides network centric Cyber Security subject matter expertise.Provides system wide troubleshooting and problem resolution both in "stand-down" as well as "live" mission environments.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:Environment:
- Operate, maintain, and configure all PMRF network hardware associated with the classified and unclassified network infrastructure including: routers, switches, firewalls, and other associated technological infrastructure.
- Accomplishes Cyber Security related task/requirements utilizing the following tools: Eye Retina, DISA STIGS, SCAP, SRR scripts, and/or Nessus.
- Maintain Intrusion detection systems and the ability to monitor data on the network to provide troubleshooting and event diagnosis.
- Participate in successful DIACAP, PIT, and RMF C&A Package submissions.
- Configure and maintain network management platforms and the ability to monitor data on the network to provide troubleshooting & daily review of audits/logs.
- Develop engineering, security implementation, and integration plans for new network systems and subsystems.
- Maintain 100% network device compliance with DoD directed IAVM program(s).
- Prepare and submit status reports, technical reports, procedures (operational and maintenance) to Management and Customers.
- Participate in the Manu Kai Configuration Management Plan for all hardware and software relevant to the PMRF networks.
- Interface and coordinate with Management and team members to assure mutual awareness of network development, security posture, compliance/non-compliance, and overall status.
- Perform otherduties as required.
- General office environment with site visits as well as periodic "at sea" duty to support the PMRF's Mobile At Sea Sensor system (MATSS).
- Candidate must be capable of working in a team environment and participate in network engineering technical activities throughout the project life cycle and maintain a close technical involvement with all contributing organizations.
- Effective verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must able to lift, carry, install and remove networking systems and peripherals.
- Must able to work in sub-floor areas and crawl space in performing maintenance inspections, installation and troubleshooting tasks.
Minimum physical elements: to include walking, standing and sitting. Lifting, pushing or pulling over 50 lbs (two men assist). Customer contact, extended work day, confined work space, office laboratory, field assignment and "At Sea" duty assignments. Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or other related scientific field is required.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain applicable certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M (e.g. Security+, and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional(CISSP), and CCNA/CCNP within six months of date of hire.)
- Sevenyears experience in the specific field of assignment.
- Knowledgeof IT systems, to include Windows, UNIX and comprehensive networkingconcepts, Cisco and/or Juniper certifications are considered a plus.
Secret security clearance is required. Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment, and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.