Description of Duties:
The Linux System Administrator
supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Have responsibilities that include the design, implementation, and sustainment of Linux based physical and virtual machines for the Missile Defense Space Center.
- Work with a high performing team of engineers, including additional system administrators, network engineers, system engineers, and cybersecurity engineers, to provide high quality, innovative engineering services to the MDA/SS Government customer.
- Work with MDA/SS system engineers to identify and define requirements for new systems, existing system modifications, developing designs, and implementing and testing solutions.
- Have sustainment responsibilities that include on-going vulnerability scanning and system patching as necessary to reduce cybersecurity risks.
- Conduct daily system monitoring, system backup and restoral, and application upgrades to ensure optimal and continuous system operations.
- Develop and maintain system administration procedures and baseline configuration documentation.
- Will be responsible for ensuring system software installs, maintenance, break fix activities, and cyber security mitigations are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
The successful candidate will:
Note: Position‐specific certification(s) may be required.
- Be willing to travel within the CONUS approx. 10% of the time
This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed. Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
#cjpostQualifications :Basic Requirements:
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 8 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 6 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 4 years of general experience; Master's degree and 2 years of general experience.
- Must have at least 4 years of directly related experience in business systems, operating systems, and servers and/or experience in light programming, project management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting
- A Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Linux + certification is required for this position.
- Experience administering a Red Hat Linux environment using Red Hat Identity Management (IdM) Servers.
- Must have at least DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or higher
- Candidate must possess an understanding of the system engineering processes
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Familiar with architecture supporting Space Systems environments.
- Experience installing, patching, configuring and troubleshooting Linux servers and workstations including associated peripherals.
- Experience with DISA tool used in scanning and remediating computer system vulnerabilities.
- Experience resolving hardware & software conflicts and perform server maintenance and break/fix activities.
- Familiarity with operating within a virtualized environment such as VMWare.
- DoD networking experience with classified data networks
- Strong grasp of red/black concepts and IA compliance.
Posting ID: 552788601Posted: 2020-05-21