L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Director, Army Programs
Job ID: CHQ20200503-42585Job Location:Arlington, VAJob Description
We are looking for a candidate who is a Strategic and Operational leader with over 15 years of distinguished military service, seeking a position in the Aerospace & Defense industry. A leader who possesses a comprehensive background in strategic planning, project management, operations management, and training development derived from conducting domestic and global operations. Record of success in achieving organizational objectives, developing capabilities, supporting growth objectives, and contributing to organizational priorities. Skilled at managing costs, schedules, and performance with a demonstrated ability to deliver quality results. Proven ability to combine vision, ingenuity, and strong business acumen with well-developed project management and leadership qualities to support organizational effectiveness, reach, and overall expansion.
The candidate will maintain relationships with the Global Business Development team, Segment Leadership/BD leads, International BD, Capture Excellence, Business Operations, Government Relations, Segment PM's and Marketing/Communications. The candidate should have a Top Security Clearance (TS).Job Responsibilities:
- Support Cross Segment Army Service Team capability synergies, priority pursuits, and strategic customer engagement in support of Segment financial targets.
- Support current Special Operations programs, customer engagement across the Intelligence Community, and Special Customer requirements.
- Collaborateith Government Relations in support of Segment program priorities.
- Engage with the Army and OSD staff to set up office calls and meetings as required.
- Coordinatecross segment support of Tradeshows as required.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Bachelor'sDegree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. GraduateDegree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- 20 or more years of service in the US Army or US Marine Corps.
- Top Secretsecurity clearance.
- Experience supporting business development and capture activities with a top tierAerospace & Defense (A&D) firm.
- Army acquisition and Pentagon experience is highly preferred.
- Self-motivated with excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional environment, learn quickly, be a team player, and manage change effectively to enable customer success.
- Cross-functional governance, prioritization and project management experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.