The Area Manager of Environmental Services directs a wide variety of janitorial services required in a client servicing operation and assigns subordinates in such activities. Daily client contact is required in this position and the availability to work evenings, holiday and weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead units in maintaining a steady focus on quality environmental services provided by NMS.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the company's audit and survey processes and ensure that all units in the district consistently use and support these processes.
- Monitor and support the use of all NMS management systems and corporate programs, including:
- Labor Optimization
- Procurement Initiatives
- Affirmative Action
- Total Account Management
- Division Marketing Initiatives
- Plans, develops, implements, and revises organization policies, operations, and goals.
- Establishes and implements an organized system of supervision and general operating procedures.
- Measures the performance of assigned activities.
- Maintains excellent customer communications and relations that permit continuous improvement in provide services, efficient problem resolution, and acceptance of new services.
- Directs and coordinates the promotion of new services to develop new markets and increase market share.
- Accountable for the delivery of high quality and cost-effective services as well as ensuring all activities and operations comply with applicable internal and external regulations.
- Work with the general manager of each account in the district to develop a business plan and budget based on region, division and corporate goals.
- Consistently meet financial goals specified in those budgets.
- Analyze financial and statistical data and utilize this information to implement corrective action.
- Develops and directs the maintenance of business reports, administrative matters, budgets, budget expenditures, operational reports, cost analysis, operational documentation, etc.
- Tracks financial data, reports, forecasts, and expenditures to achieve optimum efficiency, economy of operations, and maximize profits.
- Supports an active safety program.
- Continuously seek to improve the quality of assigned activities.
- Plans and implements an effective staff training program.
- Directs, trains, supervises, leads, evaluates, and develops assigned personnel to keep them informed and motivated.
- Be knowledgeable about and ensure compliance with NMS's employment policies.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels and manage turnover.
- Serve as an effective manager and role model.
- Monitor units' compliance with various kinds of legal requirements, including ADA, EEOC, FMLA, OSHA, and Wage and Hour.
- Develop managers by actively utilizing NMS's evaluation and development tools to give honest feedback, both negative and positive, to direct reports. Encourage, promote and facilitate the use of training programs, both formal and informal.
- Makes sure the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all assigned employees are defined and understood.
- May manage subordinate supervisors and non-supervisory employees.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- This position entails travel within the area of responsibility.
- This position will also entail travel to corporate meetings, training, and client gatherings.
- The schedule for this position will vary and may occasionally entail evening and/or weekend work.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum eight (8) years of directly related experience that demonstrates knowledge of housekeeping/janitorial duties or supervision of employees, two (2) of those years must be in a position supervising or managing employees.
- A valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
- Intermediate skillset in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Occasional exposure to harsh weather conditions; requires work be done both inside and outside.
Noise level: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Description of environment: Pace of work is medium and high volume of interaction with clients/customers.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to frequently lift up to 25 lbs. This position is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Travel: This position requires travel up to 25% of the time. Employee may travel to remote areas and may be required to use alternative modes of transportation, including but not limited to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs.
Competencies NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org