The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to serve as the Inspector for the projects supporting the DDC.
• Observe, inspect, and document both underground utility, water/sewer installation, road reconstruction construction activity as an Owner's Representative
• Complete all Daily Inspection Reports to document that the work is being reported accurately and completely and that non-conforming work is accurately documented.
• Ensure compliance with design plans, specifications and permit requirements
• Ensure any changes to the work made in the field are reflected on the record drawings for the project.
• Coordinate with third party materials testing firms for concrete, soil, and weld testing
• Notify Contractors immediately of all new Change Orders and Time and Material work; ensure tracking and signing tickets daily for all Time and Material work; ensure that Change Order work and Time and Material work is accurately documented on Daily Inspector Reports.
• Display strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and can work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines and oversight of a team of sub-consultants.
• Assist Environmental, Health, and Safety Professionals with site safety verifications of the Contractor work activities, notifying Contractors of, and documenting concerns.
• Coordinate with City personnel, client, contractor, and project stakeholders during projects
• Prepare sketches for work performed and daily quantities on the inspection report.
• Performs daily dusk and dawn patrols
• Ensures complete adherence to the approved MPT plans
• Inform the Resident Engineers of any field potential changes that might impact the cost or the progress of the project
•10 years experience in delivery of and/or supporting technical inspection work in a construction environment, specifically construction specifications, drawings, and documentation
•Experience working with municipal agencies or utility infrastructure organizations
•Fluent in spoken and written English
•Must be proficient in the use of computer to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
•Must possess the physical ability to move around an active construction site
•College or Associates degree
•Experience with NYC DDC
•Accreditations and certifications through ICC, ACI, and AWS other special inspection areas
•Proficient with web based construction document management platforms
•Excellent team player with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver results
•Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
•Excellent oral and written communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, and strong data analysis & technical problem solving skills
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.