Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what's possible to make the world more connected and sustainable. For our site remediation group, that means using new technologies to make our environment better for today's communities and tomorrow's. We're seeking a Water Resources/Environmental Geologist/Hydrogeologist to join our growing Southern California team to help develop, manage, and protect municipal groundwater supplies for municipal clients and to help restore environmentally impaired sites for federal and commercial clients on the west coast. Based in Irvine, California you will support projects aimed at developing and improving hydrogeologic studies, water supply well design and construction management, water resources management, water-supply reliability, and environmental site characterization and remediation for a variety of public and private-sector clients. You will support the current project managers in preparing for field activities, performing field oversight of drilling, well construction, and other field activities, helping with hydrogeologic and environmental data analysis and interpretation, and helping with preparation of water well completion reports and environmental site investigation and remedial investigation reports. You'll perform analysis of data from sampling, reports, maps, drawings, or other sources to support site characterization efforts, and may perform quantitative modeling using analytical and numerical methods and data visualization. Bring your curiosity, collaborative attitude and desire for learning, and we'll help you grow, and pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can improve lives, together.Qualifications :
- BS in geology, hydrogeology, engineering, or a closely related field.
- At least 5 years of water resources experience and/or environmental consulting experience.
- Experience with conducting water supply well drilling and construction, environmental site investigations, and/or remediation.
- Familiarity with California state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of CERCLA regulatory processes.
- HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain and maintain.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- MS in geology, hydrogeology, engineering, or a closely related field. Professional certification (PE, PG, PMP)
- Someone already in the Southern California area is preferred
- Excellent team building skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Posting ID: 552788855Posted: 2020-05-21