L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Java Software EngineerJob Code: IMS20202702-42173Job Location: Greenville, TXJob Description:
This engineer would be working daily with members from multiple software engineering team members to develop, maintain, test, integrate software in development, integration, and target environments.Essential Functions:
- Software design, implementation, integration.
- The investigation and resolution of defects.
- The evaluation of change requests from stakeholders.
- Researching new software concepts.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Physics, EE or Math or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software development with an object oriented programming language (C++, Java)
- 2+ year(s) of professional experience with a software development process (Agile, Waterfall)
- 1+ year(s) of professional experience with a Structured Query Language (MySQL)
- Able to learn new things quickly and rapidly prototype.
- Secret Clearance
- Linux System Experience
- Shell Scripting Experience
- Centos/Redhat Image Customization, Kickstart Scripting
- Programming Experience
- Multi-threaded Java, C/C++
- Binary/Protocol Data Formats
- Project, Build, Package Management Experience
- Git, SVN
- Artifact Repositories: Maven, NPM, Docker Registry
- Soft Skills and Attitude
- Able to work with flexible goals or shifting scope.
- Able to be self-directed and work in team environments.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.